09/08/14, 7:07 pm
My sister, who is executrix to my parent's estate (dad died in August 2013, mom died in April 2014), texted both my brother and I about signing off on my parent's property so she and her husband can attempt to assume the mortgage. They already own property that is mortgaged. They appear in the local paper regularly for being delinquent on school and property tax payments. I do not believe they have the resources, or the credit history that would be necessary for a traditional mortgage. I don't feel comfortable signing off the only asset that my parents have left the 3 of us. Should I be looking for a lawyer in the area to assist me?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   New York  |  Estate Law
Cost: Free


Eric Gottfried Says:

Sep 15,2014 2:35 PM

You should contact a competent lawyer immediately in order to protect your rights. Call Mark Lefkowicz at my office for assistance. Tel #: 212-766-5665 x-333

The mere transmission or receipt of any materials from our website or e-mail, is not intended to create, nor does receipt of these materials establish or constitute, an attorney-client relationship between Lefkowicz & Gottfried, LLP and you or anyone else. We are unable to provide you with a final legal opinion without a complete consultation with our offices. No legal relationship is established with Lefkowicz & Gottfried, LLP absent the execution of a retainer agreement with our offices. Complete legal notice at: We do not accept service by any electronic means. This transmission is intended only for the proper addressee and contains information protected from use, review, disclosure, copying, or reliance on its contents.

Eric Gottfried
Gottfried Law, PLLC
40 Broad Street - 4th Floor,New York, NY 10004

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon