03/25/12, 2:02 pm
Can I get a restricted license to drive to class, work, and home until I finish my DUI classes. I live in California and had just paid two DUI's. I have to take an 18 month class and will not be able to do the class and work without transportation.
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   California  |  DUI Law
Cost: Free


Darrell York Says:

Apr 11,2012 4:39 PM

If this is your 2nd DUI, you are not eligible for a restricted license until you serve a 90 day suspension. A law was passed last year allowing 2nd and 3rd time DUI offenders to get a license after serving a 90 day suspension and upon the installation of an Ignition Interlock Device. You must also be enrolled in the 18 month DUI class to get the license. Prior to the new law, there a one year dmv suspension and two year court suspension with no restricted license.

Darrell York
Law Offices of Darrell J. York
27240 Turnberry Lane, Suite 200,Valencia, CA 91355

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon