10/02/12, 10:10 am
I quick claimed my house over to my ex wife 7 years ago w/ the agreement in the divorce decree that she would refinance it into her name within 2 years after the divorce was final. She still has yet to do it and I want my VA loan back to refinance the home that I have with my current wife. What options do I have?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Colorado  |  Divorce Law
Cost: Free


Christopher Kendrick Says:

Oct 17,2012 3:38 PM

If your wife is not complying with the court's orders, you can file motions for a contempt of court hearing to force the issue. Just as a matter of language, keep in mind that what you filed was a Quit Claim Deed. In that deed you gave up all property rights to the house, irrespective of what financing is complete on the house. I would contact a family law attorney to go through your division of property orders to get a clearer picture of what options you may have.

Nothing in this communication should be considered legal advice. Nor should this communication lead you to believe that an attorney-client relationship has been created. Only after thorough analysis of your case with you in my office can I provide effective legal advice on your specific issue.

Christopher Kendrick
Lubchenco, Kendrick, & Baldridge, LLP
2222 South Albion Street, Ste. 360,Denver, CO 80222

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon