04/26/18, 10:10 pm
What options do I have when the co-owner has not paid his share of mortgage, HOA, and other bills since August 2016? I am the co-owner of a townhome. Despite repeated demands, my co-owner has not paid any share of the mortgage payments, HOA fees, or any other household bills since August 2016, while continuing to reside and deplete resources at the property. In addition, he has an extensive history of delinquency and other unsavory behavior, this person is making my home feel unsafe and unlivable. I would like to know what legal recourse's are available to me in terms of evicting & removing this person from the deed OR selling the property. I am also interested in recuperating the back payments from the years of non-payment. Lastly, I want to ensure the safety of my family and I from any likely attempts at reprisal from him during this process. Thank you for any help
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Colorado  |  Property Law
Cost: Free


Kevin Neiman Says:

May 08,2018 12:09 PM

To get one of the names off the mortgage, you either have to sell the house or refinance the loan under just one name. Both options can be challenging: Selling can take many months, and there’s no guarantee the lender will approve your application to refinance. If you can’t qualify for the mortgage on your own, a lender will not refinance, and the other owner’s name will be stuck on the mortgage.

The information on this website does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. This website is only for general informational purposes only. By using this site, you understand and agree that there is no attorney-client relationship or confidentiality between you and Kevin Neiman. This website should not be used as a substitute for proper legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your state, who is familiar with all of the circumstances and all of your specific facts and with whom you have an attorney-client relationship. Law can differ greatly from one state to another and changes frequently. The answers provided are general, and may not apply to a particular factual or legal situation identified by the question or not contained in the question.

Kevin Neiman
Law Offices of Kevin S. Neiman, pc
999 18th Street, Suite 1230 S,Denver, Colorado 80202

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon