05/24/12, 9:09 pm
If a lawyer is not eligible to practice law in one of his specialties can he still practice other ones? Because my current criminal defense lawyer has that status but on his family law status.
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   California  |  Criminal Law
Cost: Free


Darrell York Says:

May 25,2012 9:43 AM

If the attorney is licensed in California he can practice in all areas. It is usually best to hire an attorney that specializes in that area of law. The State Bar also has certified specialist rating in certain areas of law. In order to become a certified specialist, the attorney must meet certain qualifications and pass a specialist exam. It should also be noted that a California attorney can practice in any California state court but he must admitted in federal court in that particular federal district in order to appear and represent clients before the federal court in that district.

Darrell York
Law Offices of Darrell J. York
27240 Turnberry Lane, Suite 200,Valencia, CA 91355

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon