08/10/12, 2:02 pm
I have an injury from work. I had reported it as a concern months ago. I have not yet seen the company doctor because of the way the company has treated people in the past, and do not want to go broke collecting the tiny workers comp checks. Is there anything I can do in my favor to protect myself before seeing the doctor? Also is there any kind of a claim I can make agains them?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Pennsylvania  |  Injury Law
Cost: Free


Frank Lafferty Says:

Jan 08,2014 11:57 AM

There is an exclusivity provision in the Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Act that precludes you from suing your employer. You should discuss the matter with an experienced attorney if the matter hasn't been resolved yet.

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania and is personal in nature, not professional in nature. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Frank Lafferty
Norfleet and Lafferty, LLC
1300 Market Street, Suite 202B,Lemoyne, PA 17043

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon