03/08/13, 11:11 am
My ex-husband and I were divorced in NJ four years ago. He made +120K at the time, and I was a stay-at home mother. At the time of the divorce, we deviated from the State's child support guidelines and I waived my right to alimony, agreeing to more in child support. We now both live in NY, and he hasn't given me the total amount the court ordered because he hasn't worked for the past year and says he doesn't have any money. He gives me almost $500 less per month than the agreement states. If he takes me to court for a modification, a) will he be ordered to pay me what he owes me in arrears, and b) will a NY court honor the NJ order, or will they grant him a downward modification based on NY State's child support guidelines and his current yearly inclome?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   New York  |  Divorce Law
Cost: Free


Eric Gottfried Says:

Mar 11,2013 1:59 PM

A downward modification may be possible under a demonstrated adequate "change in circumstance." Please call Mark Lefkowicz, of my office, to discuss how we can help.

The mere transmission or receipt of any materials from our website or e-mail, is not intended to create, nor does receipt of these materials establish or constitute, an attorney-client relationship between Lefkowicz & Gottfried, LLP and you or anyone else. We are unable to provide you with a final legal opinion without a complete consultation with our offices. No legal relationship is established with Lefkowicz & Gottfried, LLP absent the execution of a retainer agreement with our offices. Complete legal notice at: We do not accept service by any electronic means. This transmission is intended only for the proper addressee and contains information protected from use, review, disclosure, copying, or reliance on its contents.

Eric Gottfried
Gottfried Law, PLLC
40 Broad Street - 4th Floor,New York, NY 10004

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon