05/09/12, 1:01 pm
My wife is having an affair and I have asked her to stop and for us to see counseling. She didn't show up for the session and refuses to stop. I want to divorce her but she's asking me to leave the house. My councelor told me to stay until divorce is final. Can my wife legally kick me out of the house?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Texas  |  Divorce Law
Cost: Free


Nancy Lorenzen Says:

May 18,2012 11:13 AM

If you don't want to go, she's going to have to get a court order to kick you out of the house. If she can show a judge a good reason why you should be forced to leave (abuse, destruction of property, etc.) then she can get that court order. But without it, especially if that house is community property,. she's stuck with you until things are finished. That isn't to say that you shouldn't consider moving out if you're getting a divorce and you expect that she will end up keeping the house for whatever reason. It's just that you can't be forced to leave without a court order.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Nancy Lorenzen
Lorenzen Law Office
701 N. Central Expressway Building 3 Suite 100,Richardson, TX 75080

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon