04/13/12, 4:04 pm
i am filing for divorce, my spouse has a attorney. i cannot afford one. my spouse failed to respones within the 30days, i filed a default form, i had to fill my own divorce forms and had the clerks at the courthouse check my paperwork out and everything was fine, but then i received a letter from the court that i failed to answer a question on there and the form was kicked out. then we had a appt. for medation and he did not show. my spouse has a domestic violence and terriost threats case that i filed on him, but then i dropped the charges. he has my 11yrs old son with him that i want legal custody and spousal support from him. what advice can you help me with to win this battle.
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   California  |  Divorce Law
Cost: Free


Darrell York Says:

Apr 13,2012 8:07 PM

You need to hire an attorney. If your spouse makes more money than you, the court can order him to pay a portion of your attorneys fees. An attorney can also go into court and ask the court for an interim order for attorneys fees and get him to pay some now so you can proceed.

Darrell York
Law Offices of Darrell J. York
27240 Turnberry Lane, Suite 200,Valencia, CA 91355

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon