05/17/13, 4:04 pm
I work as a electrician for the local government, I work for a low wage already. My check stub which I do not receive anymore does not state my wages. But on the paper work I fill out on a daily basis says I make much more than I do. Is this legal for them to pay me $8 less an hour than what they claim they are paying me?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Louisiana  |  Administrative Law
Cost: Free


Donald Hyatt Says:

Sep 06,2013 3:27 PM

It is impossible to tell whether the deductions are legal or not until you know what they are. Obviously, it sounds as though the deductions are high. In your position I would request of the parish human resources office that you be given the opportunity to review and copy your personnel and pay files. I would look for the documents in the personnel file setting the rate of pay, including any raises. The payroll file should have the actual pay records, including a breakdown of any and all deductions and withholding. If need be, I would invoke the Louisiana Public Records Act. The foregoing is intended as legal information concerning the question asked, but is not intended as legal advice upon which the requesting party may rely in guiding their actions. Rather, the requesting party should consult an attorney for a personal consultation and advice for a full consideration of their situation and rendition of legal advice. Additionally, by providing this general information I am not accepting any representation of the requesting party and I am specifically declining to form an attorney-client relationship with the requesting party unless agreed to later after further consultation and agreement.

Areas of practice listed are are areas of concentration in my practice. I am not board certified in any of the listed areas, and by listing them and describing my practice I am merely describing my experience and the nature of my practice.

Donald Hyatt
Donald L. Hyatt, II, APLC
633 Village Lane North, Suite 105,Mandeville, Louisiana (LA) 70471

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon