02/05/15, 10:10 am
If I am denied employment due to gender what should I do? Is there any repercussions to the employer, should I sue them?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Oklahoma  |  Employment Law
Cost: Free


Howard Berkson Says:

May 16,2016 9:35 PM

You cannot immediately sue for gender discrimination. You must first go through the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or the state agency that acts in its role. I prefer the federal EEOC. You should work with an attorney to put your charge together. It's a formal process and there aren't really any "do overs," so if you leave things out or fail to identify all your claims, those claims are likely lost should it come to a lawsuit.

Publications on this website are for informational purposes only and neither create an attorney-client relationship nor provide a substitute for consultation with an attorney apprised of all the facts.

Howard Berkson
Boston Avenue Law PLLC
401 S, Boston Ave. Suit 500,Tulsa, OK 74103

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon