07/19/15, 8:08 pm
I decided to move to FL last year with my daughter and boyfriend. My mom and I agreed that my daughter would stay with her while I went ahead and went to FL to find a job and a permanent residence. After I did that I was going to take my daughter and my mom convinced me to wait until the school year was out. So now that school is out I came back to NY to visit and to get my daughter. When I was preparing to leave for FL my mother went behind my back and applied for temporary sole custody of my daughter stating my daughter doesn't want to go. Can they take away my rights as her biological mother and award my mother sole custody?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   New York  |  Child Custody Law
Cost: Free


Eric Gottfried Says:

Jul 20,2015 11:55 AM

You should immediately speak with an attorney to protect your parental rights. Call Mark Lefkowicz, of my office, at 212-766-5665

The mere transmission or receipt of any materials from our website or e-mail, is not intended to create, nor does receipt of these materials establish or constitute, an attorney-client relationship between Lefkowicz & Gottfried, LLP and you or anyone else. We are unable to provide you with a final legal opinion without a complete consultation with our offices. No legal relationship is established with Lefkowicz & Gottfried, LLP absent the execution of a retainer agreement with our offices. Complete legal notice at: We do not accept service by any electronic means. This transmission is intended only for the proper addressee and contains information protected from use, review, disclosure, copying, or reliance on its contents.

Eric Gottfried
Gottfried Law, PLLC
40 Broad Street - 4th Floor,New York, NY 10004

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon