06/15/12, 7:07 pm
My step daughter is demanding money rom y husbands estate. She liveorea, I live in USA. Can she sue me as executor of the estate ?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Colorado  |  Estate Law
Cost: Free


Diedre Braverman Says:

Aug 15,2012 2:28 PM

If your step-daughter is entitled to money from your late husband's estate (either by will, trust or laws of intestacy), then she can sue you. However, she will need to sue you in the state where his estate is being administered. I wouldn't play around with this though. If you know she's entitled to something and you deliberately withhold it for your own benefit, you could be criminally liable. All she would have to do would be to report the taking to the local district attorney.

Advice provided on the web is general in nature and should not be relied upon without consultation that includes exploration of the questioner's specific circumstances and goals.

Diedre Braverman
Braverman Law Group, LLC
1823 Folsom Street,Boulder, CO 80302

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon