02/18/13, 10:10 am
My ex of 2 yrs and I had a credit card together, I was the main person on the card. We got a tv with it and paid half and put the other half on the card. A few months later he broke up with me for another girl, which to find out about 2 weeks later she was pregnant. He said he would pay the tv off, it has now been 9 months and he hasn't paid a dime, I have contacted him numerous times and the last time he said he would see how his taxes are. So I text him last week, his kid was just born so he claims to have not some them yet and I'm getting frustrated, it's already gone to my credit. So basically I am wondering if there is something that I could do to get him to pay this?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Michigan  |  Small Claims Law
Cost: Free


Tara Nichol Says:

Feb 22,2013 3:08 PM

You have the option to file a small claims action against your ex-boyfriend to recover the costs of the TV. In small claims court, neither side gets an attorney and the district court judge makes a final decision as to how much your claim is worth.

The attorneys at Nichol & Doering, PLLC are licensed only in the State of Michigan. All answers provided relate only to Michigan law and are made for general information purposes ONLY. They are NOT intended to be legal advice and are NOT intended to create an attorney-client relationship between Nichol & Doering, PLLC and any readers or subscribers of this site.

Tara Nichol
Nichol & Doering, PLLC
1650 Kendale Blvd. Suite 110,East Lansing, MI 48823

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon