08/16/13, 10:10 am
My son has been charged with possession and delivery of marijuana. The arraignment has not been set. Should we set it to speed things along? Should we have a lawyer at the arraignment?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Pennsylvania  |  Criminal Law
Cost: Free


Jason Dunkle Says:

Aug 21,2013 2:26 PM

I would recommend that you hire an attorney to appear at the Arraignment and act as a buffer between your son and the police. At the arraignment, the judge will set bail, so having an attorney often times results in either a lower bail or possibly an unsecured bail being set so that your son can avoid going to jail during the pretrial phase of the case. Also, if you don't have a lawyer, then you tend to lean on the officer or the judge for legal advice. Remember, while the officer and judge may be good people, their primary concern and role in the criminal system is not your son. An attorney's job is to get the best resolution possible for your son.

The responses provided on this site are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as providing legal advice regarding an individual situation. No attorney-client relationship is created between the reader and JD Law, P.C.

Jason Dunkle
JD Law, P.C.
204 East Calder Way, Suite 306,State College, PA 16801

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon