11/04/12, 9:09 pm
My 19 year old brother was charged with possession of a controlled substance. Hiring a lawyer is not in our budget. Whats the best thing to do ? We dont want him incarcerated or let this ruin the chances of him landing a decent job. We have never been through any situation like this before and with my parents lacking the english language their counting on me. What should I do?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   California  |  Criminal Law
Cost: Free


Joe Dane Says:

Nov 07,2012 3:35 PM

Here's the bottom line: If you cannot afford to hire an attorney of your choosing, your brother is entitled to the services of the public defender. If he is a first offender, he is likely eligible for a drug diversion program, but that will have to be discussed with his attorney.

Despite the name of the website, answers given are for information only and do NOT constitute legal advice. Every situation is unique and the complete case (all the facts and information) must be discussed in detail before an opinion can be given. Do not rely on any answers given on this site without consulting face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your case is. Any answer given does NOT form an attorney-client relationship.

Joe Dane
Law Office of Joe Dane
17581 Irvine Blvd., Suite 108,Tustin, CA 92780

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon