11/24/12, 7:07 am
My boyfriend (now 21) recently told his Psychotherapist that he (at the age of 15) molested his little sister (at the age of 10, now 16) shortly after the death of their mother. The therapist said she must file a report, but didn't specify what this meant. Will police come to question him? Will the rest of the family be notified, or only the guardian of the sister (still a minor)? Will the state press charges? Will he have to register quarterly?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Colorado  |  Criminal Law
Cost: Free


Christopher Kendrick Says:

Nov 25,2012 9:04 PM

First, your boyfriend;s psychiatrist will report this to the police. That is what she means by reporting this. Your boyfriend absolutely MUST NOT say anything further about this, to you, other family members, and ESPECIALLY THE POLICE. He needs to keep quiet about this Second, your boyfriend needs to get in touch with a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to discuss what should be done next. He needs counsel.

Nothing in this communication should be considered legal advice. Nor should this communication lead you to believe that an attorney-client relationship has been created. Only after thorough analysis of your case with you in my office can I provide effective legal advice on your specific issue.

Christopher Kendrick
Lubchenco, Kendrick, & Baldridge, LLP
2222 South Albion Street, Ste. 360,Denver, CO 80222

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon