04/03/13, 8:08 pm
if i got hit in a car accident with the company truck and been on duty ,what insurance should i use for medical treatment and compensation purposes ? company insurance or my personal insurance and if i use mine ,does my insurance premium will be affected even if it was not my fault ?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Florida  |  Work Injury Law
Cost: Free


Andrew Rader Says:

Apr 04,2013 8:23 AM

If you were injured in an auto accident while driving a vehicle as part of your job duties, regardless of fault, workers' compensation should be responsible for all medical care and lost wages stemming from the auto accident. You would also be able to pursue a personal injury case against the driver that hit you. You should have all medical bills and lost wages provided through your workers' compensation carrier, not PIP. In Florida, workers' compensation is the primary source of benefits. The advantage is that there is no monetary limit to the amount of medical care payable by the work comp carrier and there are no out of pocket expenses. Workers' Compensation should provide all medically necessary treatment and lost wages resulting from the injuries you sustained in your auto accident. If you have any questions, or need an attorney to represent you for your injuries, you can call me at 954-913-2273 and I will be happy to discuss your options.

Andrew Rader
Cutler Rader, PL
1166 W. Newport Center Dr Suite 308,Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon