07/15/13, 1:01 pm
I was verbally offered full time employment with my current employer. The day before I was to begin my full time shift, the person I was replacing was talked into staying and I was informed I would not get the job. Do I have any legal recourse?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Louisiana  |  Employment Law
Cost: Free


Donald Hyatt Says:

Sep 06,2013 10:16 AM

Under Louisiana law, no. A verbal offer of employment is an offer of at-will employment. The employer was free to withdraw the offer. The foregoing is intended as legal information concerning the question asked, but is not intended as legal advice upon which the requesting party may rely in guiding their actions. Rather, the requesting party should consult an attorney for a personal consultation and advice for a full consideration of their situation and rendition of legal advice.

Areas of practice listed are are areas of concentration in my practice. I am not board certified in any of the listed areas, and by listing them and describing my practice I am merely describing my experience and the nature of my practice.

Donald Hyatt
Donald L. Hyatt, II, APLC
633 Village Lane North, Suite 105,Mandeville, Louisiana (LA) 70471

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon