04/14/12, 3:03 pm
We are taking over the payments and remodeling the home for my husbands mother. She is now living on the second house on the lot. We need to know the leagal way of paying the mortage to the bank. Can we make the payment to the bank and not have to pay her? Is there any reason she has to be the one to pay the bank? We are planning on doing an ETF to the bank, which is the same bank we deal with. She states she had to be the one paying the payment.
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   California  |  Estate Law
Cost: Free


Darrell York Says:

Apr 14,2012 6:14 PM

You can make the payment directly to the bank. The bank doesn't care who it gets the money from as long as it is paid on time. Make sure you have everything in writing and if you are taking over the payments, you should make the payments directly to the bank. You should consult with an attorney that deals with real estate matters to make sure everything is done correctly.

Darrell York
Law Offices of Darrell J. York
27240 Turnberry Lane, Suite 200,Valencia, CA 91355

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon