08/30/13, 7:07 pm
If someone claims that a child is for one person and has a another person on birth certificate, child is about 6 years old. Is it possible to put the guy that isn't on the birth certificate on child support.
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Louisiana  |  Child Custody Law
Cost: Free


Donald Hyatt Says:

Sep 06,2013 12:07 PM

Assuming proper proceedings are instituted and DNA testing confirms that the man not listed on the birth certificate is the biological father, then he can be held liable for child support under Louisiana law. The foregoing is intended as legal information concerning the question asked, but is not intended as legal advice upon which the requesting party may rely in guiding their actions. Rather, the requesting party should consult an attorney for a personal consultation and advice for a full consideration of their situation and rendition of legal advice.

Areas of practice listed are are areas of concentration in my practice. I am not board certified in any of the listed areas, and by listing them and describing my practice I am merely describing my experience and the nature of my practice.

Donald Hyatt
Donald L. Hyatt, II, APLC
633 Village Lane North, Suite 105,Mandeville, Louisiana (LA) 70471

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon