04/30/12, 8:08 pm
I'm retiring from the military in September but I won't be able to start my new job for 4-5 months. My wife is active duty and I'll need to wait for us to transfer to her new duty station. I have a child that I pay support for in Florida (I'm currently in California). Money will be tight, so I am thinking of trying to get the child support lowered for while I'm only collecting retirement pay. In the Florida law, I read that if I am "voluntarily" unemployed, I will still be responsible for as much child support as I could "potentially" pay. Do you think it would be worth it for me to try to get my child support lowered for the few months that I'll be unemployed?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   California  |  Family Law Divorce Child Custody and Adoption
Cost: Free


Darrell York Says:

May 01,2012 3:09 PM

You will need to discuss this with a Florida attorney since the child is in Florida and Florida law would govern.

Darrell York
Law Offices of Darrell J. York
27240 Turnberry Lane, Suite 200,Valencia, CA 91355

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon