04/18/12, 8:08 am
me and my mom have alot of problems and she has hit me i filled a police report but the state of texs doesnt conciter it enough to be abuse. i have a non family member thats wants to adopt me or have legal guardianship. is there anyway that they can have custody with out having to go to court? or a way to have my mom sign off my legal guardianship to a non family member?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Texas  |  Family Law Divorce Child Custody and Adoption
Cost: Free


Nancy Lorenzen Says:

May 18,2012 12:03 PM

There is no way to do that without going to court. Also, do not just move yourself over to the house of the person who wants to adopt you because your mother could charge them with harboring a runaway. If your mother wants to let them adopt you, and they want to adopt you, they'll have to file adoption papers in court and your mother will have to consent.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Nancy Lorenzen
Lorenzen Law Office
701 N. Central Expressway Building 3 Suite 100,Richardson, TX 75080

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon