03/09/12, 1:01 pm
The person I am making a claim against is dodging the service and now I am being told that it is my responsibility to get him serviced. What can I do ? My case won't move forward if he doesn't get serviced. I live in New Orleans and the department here has already tried three times to service him. What should be the next thing I do to get this done?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Louisiana  |  Small Claims Law
Cost: Free


Donald Hyatt Says:

Sep 09,2015 9:51 AM

If the claim at issue is very small, it may not be worth pursuing further. If the amount of money is significant, you should have an attorney handle the matter. They can move for the appointment of a curator ad hoc to accept service, and the matter will progress from that point forward.

Areas of practice listed are are areas of concentration in my practice. I am not board certified in any of the listed areas, and by listing them and describing my practice I am merely describing my experience and the nature of my practice.

Donald Hyatt
Donald L. Hyatt, II, APLC
633 Village Lane North, Suite 105,Mandeville, Louisiana (LA) 70471

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon