09/12/12, 10:10 am
My husband and I are having issues and I had asked my husband to move out for a while. He was told by an attorney that this would be abandonment and not to move out as it would hurt him in the long run. Is this true, and if so, is there something that can be signed by me to state it's not abandonment?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Colorado  |  Divorce Law
Cost: Free


Christopher Kendrick Says:

Oct 17,2012 3:22 PM

You can create any private contract you want. However, this is unnecessary. If you end up getting a divorce, the house is marital property and would be divided accordingly.

Nothing in this communication should be considered legal advice. Nor should this communication lead you to believe that an attorney-client relationship has been created. Only after thorough analysis of your case with you in my office can I provide effective legal advice on your specific issue.

Christopher Kendrick
Lubchenco, Kendrick, & Baldridge, LLP
2222 South Albion Street, Ste. 360,Denver, CO 80222

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon