11/07/12, 10:10 am
My husband was in an auto accident and the injured party might sue if the $100,000 insurance doesn't cover everything.Should my husband and I get a divorce if he is getting sued? In order to protect my own financials?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Colorado  |  Accident Law
Cost: Free


Christopher Kendrick Says:

Nov 15,2012 2:28 PM

First, if you are sued, your insurance policy likely has language that states that your insurance company will hire an attorney to defend your husband in a law suit. Further, the vast majority of these cases settle. Lastly, even if the other party is awarded a verdict over the insurance policy amount, unless you have significant assets, the other party will not likely come after them, but it is possible. The only other thing I would add is that I would not recommend attempting to divorce as a result of this, as the court would consider this fraud. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Nothing in this communication should be considered legal advice. Nor should this communication lead you to believe that an attorney-client relationship has been created. Only after thorough analysis of your case with you in my office can I provide effective legal advice on your specific issue.

Christopher Kendrick
Lubchenco, Kendrick, & Baldridge, LLP
2222 South Albion Street, Ste. 360,Denver, CO 80222

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon