05/12/16, 9:09 am
Hi, my friend wants to send her 6 year old son to live with me temporarily out of state. Does this require a courts permission or can she just assign me as his temporary guardian with a notarized letter?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   New York  |  Family Law Divorce Child Custody and Adoption
Cost: Free


Eric Gottfried Says:

May 16,2016 9:32 AM

It depends on her child custody agreement. Please call my office and ask to speak with Mark Lefkowicz. We have an easily accessible Long Island office. Our telephone number there is: (516) 515-1LAW or (516) 515-1529

The mere transmission or receipt of any materials from our website or e-mail, is not intended to create, nor does receipt of these materials establish or constitute, an attorney-client relationship between Lefkowicz & Gottfried, LLP and you or anyone else. We are unable to provide you with a final legal opinion without a complete consultation with our offices. No legal relationship is established with Lefkowicz & Gottfried, LLP absent the execution of a retainer agreement with our offices. Complete legal notice at: We do not accept service by any electronic means. This transmission is intended only for the proper addressee and contains information protected from use, review, disclosure, copying, or reliance on its contents.

Eric Gottfried
Gottfried Law, PLLC
40 Broad Street - 4th Floor,New York, NY 10004

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon