05/10/12, 5:05 pm
My ex is denying my visitation rights due to the fact that I moved out of state. Since the court papers do not say that he is allowed to do this my question is does he have the right to stop my visitation or do I need to go back to court to settle this matter?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Illinois  |  Child Custody Law
Cost: Free


Heewon O'Connor Says:

May 17,2012 8:22 AM

Hi, You are entitled to reasonable visitation right and your ex cannot deny your right just because you moved out of the state. You may ask the court to enter an order to enforce your right, and also you may want to consider to modify the terms of visitation because you no longer live in the state where your child. (e.g. longer time during child's vacation) Disclaimer: This is for informational purposes only, and not a legal advice.

Heewon O'Connor
O'Connor Law Offices
1920 A Highland Ave 203,Lombard, IL 60148

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon