02/10/13, 3:03 pm
Our daughter lives in Minnesota and has just recently seperated from her husband. They have two minor children, no divorce papers or child support have been filed. She wants to move back to Florida with the children so that we can help her get back on her feet. Can she leagally leave the state of Minnesota with the children and file for a divorce in Florida?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Florida  |  Child Custody Law
Cost: Free


Jennifer Jacobs Says:

Feb 10,2013 9:08 PM

Probably not. She can move to Florida, but she can not take the child more than 50 miles away from the other parent. Furthermore, even if she moved to Florida, Florida would not have jurisdiction over the parties until the child had lived in Florida for at least 6 months.

Jennifer Jacobs
Law Offices of Jennifer A. Jacobs, LLC
1555 N. Maitland Ave.,Maitland, FL 32751

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon