10/15/12, 8:08 am
i have been charged with DV, and i have a restraing order against me from my ex wife. she requested in court that i am to pick my child up at her parents house, but when i do she is there and walks my daughter to the car and tries to communicate with me. how am i to handle this?
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   Colorado  |  Criminal Law
Cost: Free


Christopher Kendrick Says:

Oct 17,2012 3:45 PM

If you are the restrained party and she is the protected party in a criminal case, you are under an affirmative obligation to avoid her. You cannot communicate with her and likely must stay at least 100 yards away from her at all times. If not, you could be facing an additional charge of violating a restraining order. Speak to your attorney about this issue

Nothing in this communication should be considered legal advice. Nor should this communication lead you to believe that an attorney-client relationship has been created. Only after thorough analysis of your case with you in my office can I provide effective legal advice on your specific issue.

Christopher Kendrick
Lubchenco, Kendrick, & Baldridge, LLP
2222 South Albion Street, Ste. 360,Denver, CO 80222

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon