10/09/13, 9:09 am
I want to change my daughter's last name. Long story short, I was not married when I was pregnant. Her father promised me he would propose and that we would get married, so of course I gave her his last name. We got engaged and everything but he kept making excuses to not get married. Then he called off the engagement. I never would have given her his last name if I knew he would break his promise. We're still together working on the relationship but at this point marriage will never happen. I doubt we'll stay together. Can I change her name by adding my last name with a hyphen.
Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon
United States   |   New York  |  Family Law Divorce Child Custody and Adoption
Cost: Free


Eric Gottfried Says:

Oct 15,2013 12:32 PM

We can assist you with this issue. Please call Mark Lefkowicz of my office. We have an easily accessible Long Island office. Our telephone number there is: (516) 515-1LAW or (516) 515-1529

The mere transmission or receipt of any materials from our website or e-mail, is not intended to create, nor does receipt of these materials establish or constitute, an attorney-client relationship between Lefkowicz & Gottfried, LLP and you or anyone else. We are unable to provide you with a final legal opinion without a complete consultation with our offices. No legal relationship is established with Lefkowicz & Gottfried, LLP absent the execution of a retainer agreement with our offices. Complete legal notice at: We do not accept service by any electronic means. This transmission is intended only for the proper addressee and contains information protected from use, review, disclosure, copying, or reliance on its contents.

Eric Gottfried
Gottfried Law, PLLC
40 Broad Street - 4th Floor,New York, NY 10004

Share This: Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Digg Icon